Love, affection and sexual intimacy all play a role in healthy relationships and contribute to our sense of well-being.
Free sexual health services are available for youth in General Practices - providing youth access to contraception and sexual health services by trained professionals. Youth can visit their own family doctor or GP practice for a FREE consultation or another GP practice if they would prefer - check our GP database here to find a practice offering free youth sexual health services.
Free youth sexual health services are available for youth who are
- 20 years old and under and live in Hastings, Napier or Central Hawke's Bay
- 24 years old and under and live in Wairoa
Fees will occur in General Practice if you are
- over 21 years old and live in Hastings, Napier or Central Hawke's Bay
- over 25 years old and live in Wairoa
General practices provide
- advice and information
- contraception for girls - including oral contraception, depo-provera injection and Jadelle (which goes just under the skin in the arm)
- free condoms
- STI checks
- pregnancy tests
- referral to the hospital if needed
Hawke's Bay District Health Board provides free sexual health services across all ages - find out more here