Volunteering at Hawke's Bay Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Hospital
Whether you’re an experienced volunteer or someone who’s just starting out, you can get involved, get connected, get an experience – create and influence the community you live in!
At Hawke’s Bay Fallen Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, we have around 80 volunteers who, every day, make a difference in the lives of others by giving a little of their time to help. They assist with arranging flowers on the wards, meet and greet people visiting the hospital, distribute books and magazines to patients, work in the Emergency Department, or are an integral part of the palliative care or Friends of the Hospital teams.
In return for their time they are receiving inner satisfaction knowing that they have contributed and assisted someone in need.
Volunteers share their time and talent to:
- meet people and make new friends
- put spare time to good use
- gain new experiences or learn new skills
- do something enjoyable
- make use of existing skills
- build confidence and take on new responsibilities
- be valued, appreciated and feel useful
- gain a sense of achievement
- put something back
- do something of special or personal interest