Child Development Service
What we do
Whānga Whakapakari Tamaiti provides child development services that benefit Hawke's Bay tamariki, whānau and the wider Hawke's Bay community.
The 30 strong team deliver a wide range of services including:
- Child disability services
- Developmental Assessment Programme
- Gateway Programme
- Autism spectrum care coordination.
The service works closely with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Social Development and NGO sector partners.
How do we do it
The Child Development Service prioritises service provision to those most in need - those impacted by health inequity, social disadvantage and severe neurological disability.
The service also works closely with parents to support the needs of children with specific learning difficulties such as dyspraxia and dyslexia.
Service models are based on the needs of the child for example:
- Complex Needs Clinic - annual review and goal setting for children with severe physical disabilities
- CC4C Collaborative Care for Children with complex needs, working with NASC, general practice and therapists
- Joint Orthopaedic Clinic
- Meal Time Clinic