Te Pitau Agreement
End of Life Care Service Level Alliance
Te Pītau Health Alliance Group invites expressions of interest for the membership positions on the new End of Life Care Service Level Alliance (SLA).
Te Pitau Health Alliance is an agreement between Hawke's Bay District Health Board and Health Hawke's Bay Ltd - Te Oranga Hawke's Bay signed 19 December 2018.
The End of Life Care SLA is intended to make sure that whānau and consumer needs are heard; and that the services being delivered match what whānau and community told us they needed.
The End of Life Care SLA will make recommendations to Te Pītau Health Alliance on any service delivery changes that may be required.
We invite expressions of interest from people with interest, experience, and or perspective on topics including:
- consumer and whānau health
- Māori health
- Pasifika health
- health in rural communities
- specialist health services
- public health.
Expressions of interest may come from professions or roles including but not limited to:
- general practice
- complimentary health practitioners
- community services (NGOs)
- medical practitioners
- allied health
- government agencies.
End of Life Care SLA member expectations:
- Attend a 2 hour meeting every three weeks from August to December, on a week day evening chosen by the members of the End of Life Care SLA. The inaugural meeting is scheduled for August 2019. The end date of group meetings depends on the ongoing monitoring of any service delivery changes.
- Share your thoughts and ideas, and hear ideas and perspectives from others, about end of life care in an open, honest and non-judgemental forum.
Download the expression of interest form to join the End of Life Care Service Level Alliance by clicking here.
Pictured below: Kevin Atkinson and Bayden Barber signing the alliance.