Go Well Travel Plan
The HBDHB’s Go Well Team is here to make your trip to visit us easier!
Since 2015, the HBDHB Go Well Travel Plan has been in place to encourage safe, healthy and sustainable travel options to HBDHB locations. There are several different initiatives and activities designed to help you travel the way you want to. Members of our community have been contributing to the ongoing development of Go Well from the beginning. We have been working hard to bring you more choice in the way that you visit us.
If you are visiting Hawke’s Bay Hospital, there are various ways you can get here – and some of them are free!
Initiatives to date:
- Free bus transport for patients
- Subsidised bus transport for staff
- Bus routes and timetables adapted
- Bike parking for visitors and staff at several locations
- Three secure bike sheds for staff, with e-bike charging and bike repair stands
- Pool bikes for staff
- Carpooling and Guaranteed Ride Home programmes for staff
- Updated and accessible maps