Chapel and Chaplains
The Chapel is situated to the left of the Main Entrance. The Chapel is open every day from 8am until 5pm. The Chaplains’ offices can be accessed through the Chapel, or from the courtyard outside Zacs Café.
The role of the Chaplains
- Chaplains belong to the health team providing the spiritual support aspect of holistic care for all.
- Chaplains are available to provide pastoral and spiritual care for patients, relatives and staff.
- Chaplains are available to those of all faiths, or of none.
- Chaplains respect the worth and dignity of each individual.
- The chaplaincy team facilitates the annual Hospital ANZAC service, Remembrance Service, Christmas Day Service, carol singing around the wards and reflective services following the death of a work colleague.
A Chaplain can provide:
- time to listen
- help in looking at life issues
- prayer and church sacraments
- a presence, a support and encouragement
- support for patients, families and staff in a crisis situation, including sudden deaths, or accidents