Hawke's Bay COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Everyone over 12 is now eligible to get book their COVID-19 vaccinations.
211,299 doses of COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine have been administered in Hawke’s Bay with 93,247 people completing both courses. Last week, 11,998 doses were delivered across the region*.
*Data to 18 October.
Hawke’s Bay DHB mass vaccination sites have been refitted for social distancing safety requirements under Alert Level 2. Appointment numbers in some clinics may have been reduced so that people attending can be socially distanced. If your appointment has been affected you will receive notification. If you do not hear from the DHB, your clinic provider or the COVID-19 vaccination healthline please attend your appointment and please wear a mask.
Cabinet has approved the use of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 12-15 year olds.
In June Medsafe gave provisional approval of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for 12-15 year olds. Cabinet has now agreed to make the Pfizer vaccine available for this age group. Bookings for young people are open now.
How to make (or manage) a booking:
- Go to www.bookmyvaccine.nz
- or call 0800 28 29 26.
Vaccinations are also available at some other general practices, local pharmacies, churches and marae, please see details below.
To offer a good experience to you and remove the likelihood of long waiting times, we need to know how many people are coming to the clinics. We also need to order enough vaccine for each clinic day and venue and ensure that we have the right number of staff onsite. To minimise wastage we are carefully managing our vaccine supply to ensure we have enough for the people who already have appointments.
Current advice regarding gap between doses
- The two doses of the Pfizer vaccine must be given at least three weeks apart.
- In August MOH extended the standard gap between first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine from three weeks to six weeks to allow us to give one dose (partial protection) to a larger number of people faster.
- At the time we said that a shorter time between the two doses was recommended in some cases. This included people at higher risk of contracting COVID-19 such as border workers.
- Since that time the Delta outbreak has increased the risk of contracting COVID-19 for everyone in New Zealand, no matter where in the country you are.
- Because of this increased risk the Ministry is now advising all New Zealanders to consider a shorter gap of three weeks or over between their two doses, instead of the standard six weeks.
- Throughout the response we have aimed to ensure our approach was flexible and responsive to the situation.
- If you already have vaccinations booked around six weeks apart, you can keep your second appointment as it is, or choose to change it. Either way the important thing is that you get two doses of the vaccine to be fully vaccinated.
Hawke’s Bay DHB has a number of options to make access to getting the vaccine as easy as possible. They include:
Hastings & Havelock North
- DHB Super Clinic - Hastings Racecourse, 300 Prospect Road (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Hastings Health Centre (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Totara Health (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Te Mata Peak Practice (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Unichem Jeff Whittakers Pharmacy (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Unichem Stortford Lodge (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Unichem Hastings (Bookings available through BookMyVaccine)
- Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (Book through BookMyVaccine or click here)
- Unichem Russell Street (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Life Pharmacy Hastings (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- The Doctors Hastings (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Clive Medical Centre (Enrolled patients only. For bookings call 06 870 0402)
Napier & Taradale
- DHB Super Clinic - The Taradale Club, 55 Wharerangi Road (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- The Doctors Napier (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- The Doctors Greenmeadows (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Taradale Medical Centre (phone 06 844 6831 to book)
- Ahuriri Pharmacy (Click here to book)
- Glenn's Pharmacy, Taradale (Click here or book through BookMyVaccine)
- Marewa Pharmacy (Book through BookMyVaccine)
- Te Kupenga Hauora - Ahuriri. (For bookings click here)
- Carlyle Medical Centre (Enrolled patients only. For bookings call 06 835 3720)
- Greendale Family Health Centre (Enrolled patients only. For bookings call 06 844 8071)
Central Hawke's Bay
- DHB Super Clinic - Waipawa Rugby Clubrooms, Coronation Park, Tikokino Road (Bookings available through BookMyVaccine)
- Unichem Waipukurau (Phone 06 858 8060)
- Queen Street Practice - Wairoa Hospital, 24 Kitchener Street, Wairoa. (Bookings available through BookMyVaccine or call 06 838 8333)
- Kahungunu Executive Wairoa - (for bookings click here)
In partnership with iwi and our Pasifika community, the DHB is also providing marae and church-based outreach clinics. Please note, if you receive more than one invitation, it is your choice where you would like to book.
He pātai? Questions?
If you have any queries about the COVID-19 vaccine visit www.covid19.govt.nz.