Pulmonary Long-Term Management Programme
Pulmonary Long-Term Management Service is made up of:
- pulmonary rehabilitation - the treatment of choice for COPD - consisting of exercise and patient education
- provided in Wairoa, Central Hawke's Bay, Hastings and Napier
- funded and supervised by Hawke's Bay District Health Board
- available for free to anyone with a diagnosis COPD regardless of severity
- referral is from a healthcare professional.
What does the programme involve?
- A comprehensive and individual one to one assessment prior to beginning the programme.
- Categorising patients into low-severity; medium-severity; or, high-severity groups.
- One hour of patient education and one hour of supervised exercises per week for 8-10 weeks, depending on location reassessment at the end of the programme.
How to refer
- GPs and registered nurses can refer through MedTech32 software. Go to Outbox, then click on "new" (the first button on the left), then type "community nursing" into the search field.
- Fax the referral form to 06 878 1310